PAT Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CSP Process taking other processes as parameters

2 posters

Go down

CSP Process taking other processes as parameters Empty CSP Process taking other processes as parameters

Post  mr.sverrir Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:39 pm

I was wondering whether it was possible to create processes (or at least mimic this in some way) that would accepts other CSP processes as parameters.

for example:

P(A,B) = b -> B [] a -> A [] c -> Skip;

I would be grateful for any suggestions. Thank you.

mr.sverrir

Back to top Go down

CSP Process taking other processes as parameters Empty Re: CSP Process taking other processes as parameters

Post  pat team Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:59 pm

Hi,

Thanks for trying out PAT.
Currently process as parameter is not supported in PAT.
This is mainly for performance reason.
Compared with CSP(m), most of the syntax is supported.
The detailed syntax can be found in the user manual.

Let us know if you have any other questions related to PAT.

Liu Yang

mr.sverrir wrote:I was wondering whether it was possible to create processes (or at least mimic this in some way) that would accepts other CSP processes as parameters.

for example:

P(A,B) = b -> B [] a -> A [] c -> Skip;

I would be grateful for any suggestions. Thank you.

pat team
Admin

http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~pat/

Back to top Go down

CSP Process taking other processes as parameters Empty Re: CSP Process taking other processes as parameters

Post  pat team Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:34 pm

Higher order processes can be supported given that their operational semantics is defined. If you have real practical need for this, please let us know and we shall evaluate whether to extend some language supported by PAT to support this feature. Some example application domains that I can think of is like: Java Applet, Reconfigurable sensors, web services applications, etc.

pat team
Admin

http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~pat/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum